It is an extremely easy step by step process and comes with high quality supporting instructions, videos and guidance unlike any other kit available.
We have partnered with Urban Farm It to make sure that you have only the freshest and best spawn for your growth, by using a supplier that only settles for the best and highest performance spawn.
- Suitable for all ages and experience levels
- The fastest way to grow food at home
- First harvest in as little as 3 weeks
- Capable of producing <5 big harvests
- The most advanced mushroom kit available
Please read below for more species information, specifications and video.
NOTE: This version of the kit has everything you need, but has a redeem code for the spawn. This allows you to redeem the spawn directly from our partners and means that you do not need to store the box at specific temperatures until you are ready to get started.
Within the kit is a spawn voucher. This system is unlike any other mushroom kit on the market and guarantees freshness, quality and high yield. When you are ready to start growing, you simply scan the QR code (found within the main kit box) and our partners will send out the fresh living spawn free of charge.
- The ideal growing conditions for the blue-grey oyster mushrooms are: 10-20 C
We recommend a storage temperature of no higher than 5 C
First harvest: 3-5 weeks
- Strain: Pleurotus ostreatus
This Oyster Mushroom Growing Kit contains:
- In-depth, easy to follow instructions and advice
- XL Grow substrate
- High-Quality Mushroom Grain Spawn Voucher
- Grow environment
- Gain access to Urban Farm It’s online learning section within the member’s area
Oyster Mushroom Grow Kit Specifications:
- Kentish chopped straw substrate
- Harvest 3-5 flushes
- Box Dimensions: 30.5cm x 22.9cm x 15.2cm
- 100% recyclable and compostable
- Keep hold of the troubleshooting part of the instructions that are provided as they could help you get an extra flush
- Avoid direct sunlight and temperatures over 30oC
- Once you think the kit is exhausted, add it to a woodchip or a compost pile we have had many that have been able to get a mother culture by doing this.
- If in doubt contact the Urban Farm It team, they are always happy to help.