This drill powered tool has been modernized to fit the needs of today's Small Intensive Market Farms.
Conor has been using a similar tool on his farm for many years. Based on missing needs and the requirements at his intensive no-till high production farm, he designed the Iconoclast.
”About three years ago, a farmer in Maine whom I respect highly, suggested that I could create a modern version of a battery powered cultivator he designed years ago and that I have been using at Neversink Farm for many seasons, that would be more affordable so that an increased number of farmers and gardeners could get access to it. I said maybe I could, not knowing how incredibly hard this task would be.“ -Conor Crickmore
Conor has been testing the Iconoclast at Neversink Farm for a full year to make sure it meets his rigorous quality standards.
The Iconoclast is a crucial part of minimal till and living soil farm systems
- It is used in minimal till operations to smooth the top 1/2" to 1 1/2" of soil before seeding or transplanting.
- Great for smoothing and breaking up added compost, leaving your initial beds' soil undisturbed.
- It can also be used to incorporate amendments like calcium or potassium into the first inch of your growing bed to maintain healthy living soil and significantly speed up your soil balancing efforts.
- After killing the last crop with tarping, The Iconoclast can incorporate the rotten residue to feed the life of the soil.
- The Iconoclast is unable to invert soil layers, and thus it maintains the living soil profile.
- When combined with a solar panel, The Iconoclast can be a central part of a carbon neutral regenerative farm.
Accurate depth control can be attained through operator speed and by raising or lowering the handle height in combination with the hoods fin.
Built tuff to meet the daily needs of farmers while being light enough to carry around the farm/garden easily by anyone.
- Shoulder Strap to easily carry The Iconoclast around the garden or farm.
- Throttle cable to effortlessly drive the drill at any speed.
- Clamp lever to change handle angle quickly.
- Rubber grips for comfort
- Entire unit beefed up to meet the demands of daily work
- Priced economically so that farms could afford duplicates
Drill not included. 18 volt to 20 volt cordless drill with ½" chuck size required for use.